Fisherman's Prayer: I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast,I then most humbly pray, when in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep that in His mercy I be judged BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP!

Monday, October 20, 2008

Does it Really get Easier?

I dont think so! It hurts as much today as it did Oct 5th. I talked to a lady at the gym today that I have become friends with. She lost her dad 17 years ago. She said it still hurts just as much today as it did then, the only thing that gets her through the day sometimes is knowing she will see him again, and she said the older she gets the more she looks forward to that day. That thought does bring me some comfort but the pain over loads it still. Today I was in a really good mood at work and was enjoying the kids I was working with at the time, as soon as they were gone and back to class I was sitting at my desk doing paper work and BAM! I lost it and started crying and couldnt stop! No reason, I wasn't even thinking about daddy at the time! I know people say take one day at a time, for me right now its on minute at a time!

2 comments:

bjfletch said...

does it get easier? NOPE! you just learn how to better deal w/ it everyday.

Unknown said...

Like I told your brother it was a life altering event and it hasn't been very long. Mike thinks he should be over it because it has been 17 days. I told him that I would hope that it would take more than 17 days. There is no time limit on how long you are allowed to grieve and you have to know that it is ok. There are so many stages that you go thru and years later even after you think you are ok something will happen and you will feel sucker punched. I am not being pessimistic because it is a season and God will see you thru to the other end-and you will recieve many blessings along the way, however I think it is important to be comfortable where you are in your grief and know that it is OK to be sad, mad everything you are feeling right now is normal...You hang in there and know that many people are praying for God to allow you to feel his embrace more so now than ever before. Love you